Living with a teen boy can be an interesting experience. Here are some things you never want to hear from him:
1. "Do you know where Dad's machete is?" (That was in a phone conversation yesterday!)
2. "Dance? What dance? I have no idea what dance everyone has been talking about!" (Response when asked if he wanted to attend the local spring dance.)
3. "What? Dad told me to accelerate around turns!" (In response to my white-knucked grab as he rounded a corner while practice driving.)
4. "You don't have to tell me about sex. I read all about it on Wikipedia."
5. "The Marine Corps Recruiter will be calling." (As I told my ex-Marine hubby, no mother wants to spend nine months carrying a child only to think he's going to get shot in some distant land some day. That's work with no reward.)
6. "I have no idea why I have so many zeroes in that class!"